Friday, December 21, 2012

When I am worried

"When I am worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessing instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings" (White Christmas)

Have you ever tried this method? I tried this method personally and I would recommend; count my blessings and slowly fall in to asleep.

Dear friends, If we need to be worried and spend time worrying we have millions of reasons. Think about Anne Frank, she had tons of reasons to be sad in the concentration camp of Hitler but I think she counted her blessings and made her life happy and joyful.

In today's gospel mother Mary sings when she has lots of reason to be worried and sleepless. She can worry thinking about her husband's reaction when he knows that she is pregnant, she can think about the judgment of the society when they know that she is pregnant without her husband. But look at Mary, she sings a beautiful song known as Magnificat, counting her blessings. She counts her blessings one after another. She praises God, what a beautiful example. She is so happy and she makes even her cousin Elizabeth happy.

So dear friends when you are worried remember mother Mary, Anne Frank and many other people who made themselves happy thinking about their blessing.

One of the Indian Gurus said if you are worried and cannot sleep, listen to the people who are more worried than you. And still it doesn't work go and spend few days in mental hospital and you will realise how blessed you are for not being there.


Dear friends if you are worried and cannot sleep remember these lines : 
When I am worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessing instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings.

No comments: