Monday, January 7, 2013

What the river taught me

My family lives near a river, I miss river wherever I go and this may be the reason whenever I see lake or river my heart leaps with joy. River teaches lot many life principles. "It is in the water the first life begun and the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Gen.1/1). When Heraclitus looked at the river, river thought him a life principal that nothing is permanent; life is a flux therefore, he said that you cannot step twice in the same river'. In the novel "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse, Siddhartha’s most profound realizations have come out of what he has learned from the river. River is important in many writings and river taught many truths to people. I was siting on the shore of the river where I spend my younger days. I thought what I have learned something different from this river. Yes, it's about how devil cheat us. If you have fun time fishing, you know how we cheat fishes. We throw attractive things or food to the river and we patiently wait for the fish to swallow. Fish may think that it is because we love fish we throw food in to the river. But it is cheating, we know. Once the fish swallow food we treat the fish very differently, we may fry or make delicious curry. It is in the same way devil attack us, he throws beautiful things to us and he patiently awaits. Once we are hooked, he takes us to places where we have ever thought about. That may the reason St. Francis asks God 'why did you create temptations so beautiful'.
I know with my story the teaching of river is not over, the stories of the river may flow like a river flows, you too may have story to add with this and I welcome your story and let us make it a unending link, a chain and a circle. Let the story never end.

No comments: